Online Application for Commemorative Engraving
Thank you for using our online system for your application to add your loved one's name to this memorial. You will find the online form below.
We will contact you to verify inscription information. If you have not heard from us within a week, please call 617-523-0402 or send an email to [email protected] to confirm that your application has been received.
The Garden of Peace is a Massachusetts memorial to victims of homicide, a special place where families, friends, and the greater community can remember and celebrate the lives of those taken by violence. It is a living reminder of the impact of violence and a visual testament to the need for eliminating violence. The Garden is a symbol of hope for peace and renewal in our lives, our community, and the world.
Names of victims of homicide are engraved on the walls as well as on river stones in the dry riverbed. The streambed begins at a large granite lens, "Tragic Density," which symbolizes the enormous weight of sadness and grief. The streambed moves through the Garden and culminates at "Ibis Ascending," a skyward sculpture representing hope.
Guidelines for Engraving
- All requests will be cleared through family members before a name is engraved in an effort to confirm the family's desire to memorialize someone in The Garden, as well as to confirm victim name, dates, etc. No victim's name will be added without a completed form on file.
- The payment to cover the expense of engraving may be made by friends or family of victims.
- Because the Garden of Peace is a Massachusetts memorial to homicide victims, it is expected that there is a connection to Massachusetts - either the victim or survivors resided here; or the victim was here at the time of the crime.
- Each engraving contains the same information: victim's name, date of birth and date of death.
- Engravings are done once a year in coordination with an annual Honor Program Approximately 1,200 river stones are set in the streambed, but not all stones are suitable for engraving. Stones in the streambed were inscribed on a first-come basis until all were used. Starting in the Fall of 2011, names will be inscribed on other hard surfaces in the Garden.
- The payment for engraving a name on the wall is currently $195.00 to cover the cost of the engraving. It is important to us at the Garden of Peace that all requests be honored. Therefore, no request will be turned away. If you are unable to include the entire payment at this time, please continue to fill out and submit the form below and someone will contact you about possible financial assistance and payment plans.
Apply Online Below
If you would prefer to submit your application in writing, please download and complete this engraving form.
If you have already submitted an application, please do not re-apply through this system to make another payment. You can either send a check or make an online installment payment through Paypal by clicking here:
If you have already submitted an application, please do not re-apply through this system to make another payment. You can either send a check or make a donation online by entering the victim's name and clicking on the "Add to Cart" button.