The Second Annual Honor Program
Monday, September 11, 2006
The Second Annual Honor Program will be held on Thursday, September 21st, 2006 from 6 PM to 8 PM at the Garden of Peace on the upper plaza between the McCormack state office building and the newly renovated 100 Cambridge street building.
This event which honors all victims of homicide will especially recognize the new names added to the Garden since September, 2005. Families and friends of victims, local political leaders and the general public are invited to join together for the ceremony, which will include several speakers and the performance of The Garden, originally composed and performed by Mike Verge for the dedication of the Garden of Peace in 2004.There will be a special reading of the new victims' names engraved this year and a candle-lighting ceremony. The Honor Program will be followed by a reception with refreshments for all attendees. Please note that there is an event taking place at Suffolk University the same evening that could have an impact on traffic and parking in the area, so plan your travel accordingly.
We are starting a new tradition this year…
Help us honor all victims and especially recognize the new victims added to the garden this year and their family and friends by participating in the post-program Potluck Community Reception.
- Sign up with Cariann Harsh so we can coordinate a good variety of food and beverages.
- Bring dishes that can remain at room temperature for a few hours or:
- If you want to bring something that needs to stay warm, please bring your own sterno and serving tray.
- If you want to keep your item on ice, please bring the ice and the appropriate container.
- We will not have refrigeration, heating elements or a sink.
- Bring food in disposable container and also bring along appropriate serving utensils and condiments if necessary.
- We will prepare labels - that can be filled in upon delivery.
- Ideas of foods:
- Appetizers: crackers and cheese, chips and dip or a fruit platter
- Salads: green salad or pasta salad
- Main Dishes: casseroles, chili, lasagnas, deli-sandwiches or fried chicken
- Desserts: bar cookies, brownies, cupcakes or pie
Day of the program:
- The program begins promptly at 6pm and the reception begins immediately following the program.
- Drop food off inside 100 Cambridge between 5pm and 5:30pm
- We will have tables set up in inside the lobby for food check in.
How to Sign Up:
- Email or call Cariann Harsh: [email protected] or 617-388-2944 and provide her with the following information:
- The food or beverage you would like to make/bring.
- A contact number or e-mail address to reach you in case we are overloaded on the dish you chose to make for the event.
- A notification if the food contains nuts, meat or milk.