The Third Annual Honor Program
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Not One More Name, the Third Annual Honor Program will be held on Thursday, September 20th, 2007 at 5:30PM at the Garden of Peace on the upper plaza between the McCormack state office building and the 100 Cambridge street building.
This event which honors all victims of homicide will especially recognize the new names added to the Garden since September 2006. Families and friends of victims, local political leaders and the general public are invited to join together for the ceremony.
This year’s event will include:
- Host/MC - Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley
- Keynote Speaker: Michael Patrick MacDonald, author of All Souls: A Family Story From Southie.
- Archdiocese of Boston Black Catholic Choir
- A special reading of the new victims' names engraved this year and a candle-lighting ceremony.
If you are a family member wishing to have a memorial stone engraved in the Garden in time for the September 20th event, please click here to learn more and download the Stone Form. All forms must be received by August 10th.
The Honor Program will be immediately followed by the Second Annual Potluck Community Reception with food and refreshments for all attendees. Help us honor all victims, and especially recognize the new victims added to the garden this year and their families and friends, by participating in the post-program Potluck Community Reception.
We would love you to bring your favorite dish to share with the attendees and the Garden of Peace community. The idea is to have folks sample a lot of different foods, so do not feel that you need to bring enough for the whole group.
- Sign up with Cariann Harsh so we can coordinate a good variety of food and beverages.
- Bring dishes that can remain at room temperature for a few hours or:
- If you want to bring something that needs to stay warm, please bring your own sterno and serving tray.
- If you want to keep your item on ice, please bring the ice and the appropriate container.
- We will not have refrigeration, heating elements or a sink.
- Bring food in disposable container and also bring along appropriate serving utensils and condiments if necessary.
- We will prepare labels - that can be filled in upon delivery.
- Ideas of foods:
- Appetizers: crackers and cheese, chips and dip or a fruit platter
- Salads: green salad or pasta salad
- Main Dishes: casseroles, chili, lasagnas, deli-sandwiches or fried chicken
- Desserts: bar cookies, brownies, cupcakes or pie
Day of the program:
- The program begins promptly at 5:30pm and the reception begins immediately following the program.
- Drop food off inside 100 Cambridge between 4:30pm and 5:00pm
- We will have tables set up in inside the lobby for food check in.
How to Sign Up:
- Email or call Cariann Harsh: [email protected] or 617-388-2944 and provide her with the following information:
- The food or beverage you would like to make/bring.
- A contact number or e-mail address to reach you in case we are overloaded on the dish you chose to make for the event.
- A notification if the food contains nuts, meat or milk.